ITS maintains certain policies with regard to the use and security of its computer systems, networks, and information resources. All users of these facilities, including technology developers, end users, and resource administrators, are expected to be familiar with these policies and the consequences of violation.
These policies define how ITS will approach security, how students, faculty, and staff are expected to approach security, and how certain situations will be handled. Laws, policies, and regulations not specific to information technology may also apply.
- Acceptable Use Policy (updated 5/1/2017) outlines the generally acceptable behavior on the LMU network.
- Administrator Access Policy outlines when administrative rights to LMU-managed computers can be granted.
- Anti-Virus Policy states that all computers on the LMU network must have anti-virus software installed and be updated regularly.
- Cloud Security Use Policy outlines the appropriate use of cloud services for data at LMU.
- Email Software Support outlines what software programs LMU will support to access LMU email.
- eSignature Policy (added 11/5/2019) defines the requirements for electronic signatures at LMU.
- Hardware Standard Exception Policy outlines the guidelines on how to purchase non-standard computers.
- Information Security Policy outlines the information security responsibilities and guidelines for LMU employees and LMU network users.
- Mobile Computing Device Support is designed to address the changes in technology going forward and give ITS stability in dealing with support for the devices.
- Network Equipment Policy states that un-approved network devices will be removed from the LMU network.
- System Maintenance Policy states when routine maintenance on technology systems occur.