14,000 accounts will be migrated. Check back regularly for addition FAQ and updates.
400 accounts were migrated. Read about Loyola Law School email migration, click here.
5000 accounts were migrated. Read about Westchester campus email migration, click here.
Phase I of the email migration started on May 21, 2018. Email accounts for all Westchester faculty and staff were migrated from on-premise servers to Office 365, a part of the Microsoft 365 cloud subscription. Phase II of the email migration began on July 9, 2018, when all ll Loyola Law School accounts were moved from Gmail to Outlook.
The last phase of the migration entails moving all student email accounts at both Westchester and Loyola Law School from Gmail to Outlook. After consulting with student-centric business units, Monday, Jan. 7, 2019, has been selected as Student Email Day. ITS leadership will meet with GSLMU, ASLMU, and Law School student organizations to kick off a communication campaign. Over the next few weeks, students will receive email updates, a chance to participate in a pilot group, opportunities to ask questions, and more.
Important things to know
- Your lion.lmu.edu email address will not change.
- Your username and password will not change.
- The migration will not affect how you log in to other LMU/LLS systems.
- Only Gmail, Calendars, and Contacts will be moved to Outlook.
- G Suite apps such as Google Drive or Google Docs will not be moved, and you will still have access.
- If you use the built-in Mail app on your mobile device, you will need to remove your Gmail account and add your new Outlook account after the migration.
- Check your email in the coming weeks for migration updates and account set-up instructions.
- After you return from the winter break, stop by an ITS drop-in station, call the Help Desk, or visit TechOn2 in the library for assistance.
Key Benefits of Office 365
- An enterprise solution with security, compliance, and trust advantages.
- All faculty, students, and staff at Westchester and Loyola Law School campuses on the same email platform.
- Four ways to access your email: built-in Mail app on your mobile device, Outlook app, Outlook Online, and Outlook desktop.
- New tools for chatting and collaborating in real time.
- Free Office and apps for installation on up to five devices.
- Seamless integration with other LMU systems, such as, Box.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions. New questions and answers are being added regularly. Click here to view the FAQ page.
If you do not see the answer to your question, send an email to email@example.com.
- Microsoft.com: Office 365 Training Center
- Lynda.com: Office 2016 New Features
- Lynda.com: Outlook 2016 Essential Training