Default Outlook Calendar Settings
Default calendar settings out Outlook allow others within your organization to see when you're busy and free. No one can see what you're actually doing at any given time unless you grant them permission to view your calendar, but they can see whether or not you have anything scheduled at any given time.
If you don't want LMU faculty, staff, or students to know when you're busy and/or free, you'll have to change the default calendar settings. Keep reading for instructions on doing that.
Updating Your Calendar Settings on Windows
Updating your Outlook calendar settings for privacy on windows is relatively simple. First, click on the calendar icon at the bottom left of the Outlook app (you can only update these settings on using the desktop app).
1. On the calendar menu, select "Calendar Permissions".
2. On the pop-up Calendar Permissions box, select "None" under "Permission Level: Free/Busy Time".
Updating Your Calendar Settings on a Mac
Updating your calendar settings on Mac is a multi-step process, but relatively easy.
- Click to your calendar using the calendar icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Right click on your name/email address as it appears under under the "My Calendars" heading on the left of the screen.
- Select "Sharing Permissions".
- Select the "Permissions" tab at the top of the pop-up box.
- Change the dropdown menu for the user called "My Organization" to "Not Shared".