Information Security Awareness Training Program
Increasing the level of information security awareness in LMU's user community is vital to ensuring the security of LMU's information and technology environment. Did you know that the number of worldwide phishing attacks detected by Kaspersky (a security vendor) hit 129.9 million during the second period of 2019?
With the goal of a more security-aware community in mind, ITS is excited to introduce a revamped Information Security Awareness Training Program. This fully online training program aims to educate faculty and staff about how to identify, detect and protect LMU's environment from constantly evolving cybersecurity threats that target everyone. A pilot program was launched in fall 2019 semester asking for voluntary participation. The feedback we received helped us fine-tune the program, which is now a mandatory requirement for all faculty and staff.
There are seven modules in this program and each takes about 3-4 minutes to complete. You do not need to complete all modules in one sitting. Please take this course by May 31 (originally set for March 27).
Accessing the Program
There are three ways to access this course.
- Click on this direct link and enter your LMU username and password on the authentication page.
- If you are familiar with Brightspace, login to Brightspace and you will see the course listed in the "My Courses" section.
- Login to MyLMU, click "Academics" link, in the Learning column, select Brightspace.
Instructions to Complete the Course
There are seven modules, each takes a few minutes to complete. A few things to keep in mind:
- Take the module in order.
- You do not need to complete all modules in one sitting.
- You cannot forward or rewind the video.
- At the end of each video, you will be tested on what you have learned by answering a couple of questions.
- When you complete a module, you will see a green "completed" label. This will help you pick up where you left off.
- Do NOT use the Back button on the browser.
- Use the course navigation path.
- To return to the list of modules, click the Home icon.
- To close a module, click the X icon.
- To exit Brightspace, click your Profile icon and click Log Out.