Check back regularly for additional questions and answers. If you do not see your answers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will I have a different email address?
- Will my username and password change?
- Will the change affect how I login into LMU systems like MyLMU and PROWL?
- How do I access Outlook emails after the migration?
- Do I need to make any changes on my smartphone or tablet after the migration?
- Which apps in G Suite will be moved to Outlook?
- I use Gmail Labels to organize my emails. Does Outlook have a similar function?
No, Your email address will stay the same. For Westchester students, that address is email@example.com. For Loyola Law School students, it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. Your username and password will not change.
No. You continue using my.lmu.edu to login to MyLMU to access other LMY systems, such as, PROWL.
There will be four ways to access your email account.
- Option 1: On the Mail app on your smartphone or tablet, delete Gmail and add Outlook.
- Option 2: Download Outlook app.
- Option 3: With Office 365, install Outlook Desktop on your computer
- Option 4: Use Outlook Online. For Westchester students, go to mail.lmu.edu. For Loyola Law School students, go to mail.lls.edu.
Yes. In general, you need to delete your Gmail account and add the new Outlook account.
- If you have been using the Gmail app, delete it or remove the LMU/LLS account. Then download the Outlook app and log in using your username and password.
- If you have been using the built-in Mail app, delete your existing account and create a new one.
For detailed instructions, visit these links:
Gmail, Calendar, Contacts will be moved to Outlook. You can continue to access other G Suite apps, such as Google Docs or Google Drive, by visiting Google and clicking on the small grid at the top right of the screen.
Yes. Gmail Labels will show up in Outlook as folders. If you have emails with multiple labels, Outlook will create multiple copies of the emails and place them in the appropriate folders.
NOTE: If there are any tags associated with an email, those tags will supersede any other labels that may be associated with it.