Keep Working - Best Practices
Follow these guidelines for a secure and productive working from home experience.
- Make sure you have access to your LMU email account, ideally from your mobile phone or tablet and from a laptop or desktop computer.
- Take your LMU-issued laptop and charger home every day.
- Save all work documents on Box. Anything that you save on your work computer should be saved to Box.
- Keep your Antivirus up to date.
- Confirm your Duo authentication is working. You can test Duo by accessing mail.lmu.edu from off-campus or HR-Self Service via MYLMU. Visit https://its.lmu.edu/secureit/duo/ for further information about multi-factor authentication
- Use a non-shared computer or have a dedicated profile on a shared computer with restricted access.
- Do not use public access computers such as in a public library or hotel business center.
- If you have to download files to a shared computer, make sure to delete the files and empty Trash Can when you are done.
- Set Outlook Automatic Replies. On Outlook Online, click the gear icon (Settings), type "automatic" in the Search box, select Automatic Replies. Click the slider to turn this feature on. Compose your message, set a time period, and click Save.