Loyola Marymount University offers a campus-wide license for MATLAB, Simulink, and companion toolboxes. The license covers on-campus and home software use for all instructors, staff, students, and researchers, as well as classroom and lab installations.
The following products are available through the campus-wide standard configuration. If you have tools outside of this configuration, they will become child licenses to the campus license and renewed per the regular maintenance schedule.
- Bioinformatics Toolbox
- Control System Toolbox
- Curve Fitting Toolbox
- Data Acquisition Toolbox
- DSP System Toolbox
- Image Processing Toolbox
- Instrument Control Toolbox
- Optimization Toolbox
- Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Signal Processing Toolbox
- Simulink Control Design
- Statistics Toolbox
- Symbolic Math Toolbox
If you are currently using a MATLAB license for teaching or academic research, the new campus-wide license will affect your existing software installation. Installation instructions are at the bottom of this email. Existing licenses will become inactive and remain stored by MathWorks, so it is important to make this update as soon as possible.
MathWorks offers a comprehensive collection of resources for integrating MATLAB and Simulink into your courses and research. Visit the TAH Resource Kit for video tutorials, classroom materials, webinars, and more. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 310.338.7777 (x7777 on campus) or email@example.com.
MATLAB and Simulink Installation Instructions
1. Create a MathWorks account or sign in with an existing account. NOTE: To access the LMU license, your account email address must be a valid lmu.edu address.
2. When you create an account for the first time, you get a screen like this to verify your email address and add the activation key:
The current activation key is 11904-40488-92194-64181-33537
3. Once you create and/or sign in your account, click Associate License from the drop down menu attached to your name.
Enter the activation key.
4. Once you have associated with LMU’s license, you can now download your MATLAB products. To do that, click on My Account on the same drop down menu as before.
Click on View My Licenses.
Once you are in the License Center, click on the license. If you have only associated with the LMU TAH license, there should only be one license displaying in the License Center. Click on Download Products.
5. Download the version you want to install on your machine, probably the latest version.
Select the correct operating system for your system to get the correct installer.
6. Run the installer once it finishes downloading. You might have to wait for a minute or two while the installer unzips itself. When the installer is ready, the setup will run and the first dialog window will appear. Choose the Log in with a MathWorks Account option. Note: you will need an internet connection during the duration of the installation.
Log in with your MathWorks Account.
After you log in choose the Total Academic Headcount - TAH Designated Computer. It will likely be the only license there.
Click through the rest of the installer and click Install to finish and start installing your software.
Directions updated January 12, 2016