Matlab Installation Instructions
Loyola Marymount University offers a campus-wide license for MATLAB, Simulink, and several toolboxes. The license covers on-campus and at-home software use for all instructors, staff, students, and researchers. MATLAB is installed in some classrooms and labs, but not all. If you need MATLAB installed in a computer lab or classroom, please contact your Technology Support Specialist or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following products are available as part of the at-home license:
- Bioinformatics Toolbox
- Control System Toolbox
- Curve Fitting Toolbox
- Data Acquisition Toolbox
- DSP System Toolbox
- Image Processing Toolbox
- Instrument Control Toolbox
- Optimization Toolbox
- Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Signal Processing Toolbox
- Simscape Multibody
- Simulink Control Design
- Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox
- Symbolic Math Toolbox
- Aerospace Toolbox
- Communications Toolbox
- Computer Vision Toolbox
- Deep Learning Toolbox
- Fuzzy Logic Toolbox
- Image Acquisition Toolbox
- MATLAB Coder
- MATLAB Compiler
- MATLAB Compiler SDK
- Mapping Toolbox
- Simulink Coder
- Simulink Desktop Real-Time
- Simulink Real-Time
- Wavelet Toolbox
Faculty: MathWorks offers a comprehensive collection of resources for integrating MATLAB and Simulink into your courses and research. Visit the TAH Resource Kit for video tutorials, classroom materials, webinars, and more. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 310.338.7777 (x87777 on campus) or email@example.com.
Students: For assistance in getting started with MATLAB once you have it installed, visit this site.
Download the Installer
- Create an account at com using your LMU email address.
- Log in to your new account and click on your profile icon (colored circle with your initials) in the upper right hand corner and select Link License.
- Enter the following Activation Key: 11904-40488-92194-64181-33537.
- Click “Download your products now” or go to mathworks.com/downloads
- Click the download button for your preferred release.
- Choose your platform and download the installer.
Install and Activate
- Double click the installer file and allow it to unzip and initiate.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and click Next. Accept the license agreement.
- Enter your Mathworks username (your full LMU email address) and password. Note: This is the password for your Mathworks account, which may not be the same as your MyLMU password.
- When prompted to choose a license or activation key, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labeled Individual (this should be your only option).
- Proceed through the installation wizard. Select the products you want to download and install. Click the Install button and let the installation run.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- MATLAB should activate through your internet connection, and you will be ready to go!
If you have trouble signing up or activating your account, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of the problem you’re having and screenshots, if possible.
These instructions were created using version R2019b. The user interface of other releases my vary.