News and Updates for Fall 2020
- Brightspace courses for Fall 2020 are now available to faculty. Please select “View All Courses” to start working on your Fall courses. If you need assistance, please email to your Instructional Technologist.
- Zoom - Brightspace integration is now live.
- Teams - Brightspace integration is now live.
- If you'd like your courses merged, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the course names, course numbers, and sections, e.g. “Please merge CHEM-360-02 and CHEM-360-05.”
- Fall 2020 courses will automatically become active and accessible to students on the first day of classes. If you wish to change this, select Course Admin > Course Offering Information to change start/end dates.
Faculty: Getting Started
If you are a student looking for Brightspace information, visit this page.
To best prepare for upcoming courses, review these resources. For tips on preparing for Fall, please visit the Keep Teaching site. Contact your Instructional Technologist if you require further support.
Faculty Video Tutorials
Brightspace has created a number of video and print tutorials to help you make the most of Brightspace. All LMU faculty are automatically enrolled in the Instructor Training Course in Brightspace; these tutorials are available on your dashboard as soon as you log into your Brightspace account. Each course has video and printed instructions that will help you become a Brightspace maven in no time.
Create a Discussion Forum
Upload a Topic (Create Content)
Create an Announcement
The Announcements tool was previously called News, and may be referred to such in videos created by D2L.
The Assignments tool used to be called Dropbox, and may be referred to such in videos created by D2L.
Understanding the Grades Tool
Import, Export, and Copy Course Components