Additional technology resources that you may find helpful as you continue to teach online.
LMU faculty and staff have access to many software and applications that can be download on their personal devices.
Click here for a complete list and download instructions.
Faculty might find information in the Staff's Keep Working site useful.
LMU is piloting with Respondus to support online examination needs. As part of this pilot, LMU has site licenses for LockDown Browser and Monitor, which are accessible through the Brightspace Quizzes feature.
Click here for detailed information on Quickstart guides for faculty and students, system requirements, and additional features.
For LLS Faulty and Staff:
- Please send an email to Helpdesk@lmu.edu with the phone number you want calls to be forwarded to and we will make the change for you.
For Westchester faculty and staff:
If you have access to your phone, you can press the Forward button and enter the phone number you want your calls to go.
If you are away from your phone, you now have an online option.
- Go to myphone.lmu.edu. You will see Cisco's Self Care Portal.
- Log in with your LMU username and password.
- Click the "Call Forwarding" option on the left pane.
- Check the "Forward all calls to" box.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select "add a new number"
- Type 91, followed by the desired number (example: 913107032874).
- Click Save.
- Click Sign Out when you are done.
Click here for a complete list of software and instructions on how to access it.
Many internet service providers are offering free service during COVID-19.
Where to Get Free WiFi for Students During COVID-19 - Campus Technology has provided a list of nationwide internet service providers to help students to keep up with their school work.
Contact your local provider for additional information - If we know of any other offers, we will update the above list.
- Comcast Internet Essentials offers free broadband to low-income households, boosts speeds amid coronavirus crisis.
- Charter offers free access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi for 60 days for new K-12 and college student households and more
- AT&T is waiving data overage fees to all customers so that families and students can stay connected during the pandemic.
- Verizon stated networks stand ready for increases in data traffic.
ITS wants to remind everyone that cyber attackers take advantage of this situation and to scam you or phishing attacks that attempt to get you to click on malicious links or open infected attachments.
Remember that information security should be adhered to, no matter where you work. Refer to the ITS Information Security policy.
For additional information security reminders, click here.
Visit ITS Zoom webpage for additional information.