Students looking for Brightspace information, click here.
To best prepare for upcoming courses, download the list of Brightspace Essentials below prior to the start of the semester. You may also want to check out the Brightspace tutorials listed and linked below and to the right, or contact your Instructional Technologist if you require further support.
Brightspace News and Updates
2019 Spring Courses Available
Brightspace courses for Fall semester are now available. Please check Brightspace to start working on your courses now. If you need assistance, please reach out to your Instructional Technologist. If you'd like your courses merged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the CRN and Course Name of the courses in question.
Scroll down for a quick guide to start-of-the-semester Brightspace tasks, or click here for next-step tasks.
Additional Brightspace Resources
Below, you'll find instructions for common start-of-the-semester Brightspace tasks. We encourage you to contact your Instructional Technologist with any questions or concerns you have as you start each new semester.
- BCLA - Jeff Henline (#86061)
- CBA - Jeff Schwartz (#82376)
- CFA & SFTV - Laurel Schmolze (#82772)
- SCSE - Michelle Yeung (#84241)
- SOE - Elaine Coates (#87494)
If you're looking for Assignment Grader, click here. Assignment Grader is a mobile app that makes grading faster and more effective. It gives you on-the-go access to submitted assignments and tools for providing detailed feedback in any format you want. The app is tablet-only and exclusively for faculty.
You can log in to Brightspace two ways:
- Visit MyLMU
- Select Systems Logins
- Select Brightspace
- Login at http://brightspace.lmu.edu
In order to merge courses, email email@example.com with the following information:
- Course 1 Name, Number, and Section (CRN)
- Course 2 Name, Number, and Section (CRN)
- [additional courses]
- Preference for which course to merge students into
- Do you have existing content in any sections/courses?
Ex: Merge ACCT-2110-01 (70269) with ACCT-2110-01 (70270). No preference, no content exists
- Go to your NEW Course> Course Admin Click Import/Export/Copy Components
- Choose "Copy Components from Another Org Unit"
- Choose "Search for Offering"
- Choose your OLD course > Add Selected
- Choose "Copy All Components" to copy the whole course or "Select Components" to copy individual parts of the course.
- Click Roster > Add Participant/Add Existing User > Show Search Options (only the first time)
- Search for your user and press "Enter"
- Check off the name of that individual on the left
- Choose a Role on the right
- Click "Enroll Selected Users"
*Do not enroll students manually. PROWL will do this automatically. If students are in PROWL but not Brightspace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to Brightspace and enter the course
- In the NavBar, click Course Admin
- Under Site Setup, click Course Offering Information
- Click the box under Active then Save
- Hover your mouse over the picture tile above the courses’ name
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner and choose "Pin"
Tip: Pin Your Course to make a shortcut on your main Brightspace page allowing you to get to your courses quickly after at login.
Accessing Your Courses, Option 2
- Click "Select a Course" at the top of the page to search
- Select your course
Tip: Click on the pushpin to the right of the course’s name, to keep the course highlighted at the top of your list.
- Click on "Content" at the top of your Brightspace front page.
- In the "Add a Module" box on the left side, type a name such as "Syllabus, Week 1", or "Homework Files" and press Enter.
- Drag and drop a document from your desktop onto the dotted area.
Tip: In Brightspace, Modules are like organizational Folders.
- Click "Course Admin" on the top banner/menu
- Select "Announcements"
- Select "New Announcements"
- Compose your message
- Click "Roster" on the top menu/banner
- Select "Email Roster" to email all students
- To email select students, check the box to the left of a student's name. When you've checked all the boxes you need, click "Email"