LMU's ITS would like to work with you on finding the right technology for your needs. If you have already identified the needed equipment, please send ITS a detailed description or a direct quote. ITS will verify the purchase or look for better pricing from our vendors before starting the purchase process. University Policy dictates that all technology purchases over $100 must be made through ITS.
If you need help determining your needs, please email ITS the requirements and the details of the project, grant, or request. ITS will follow-up with our best pricing and recommendations.
- Email to email@example.com with either a quote already attached, or a detailed description including what the item is; model number or part number if known; or a web page link.
- Vendors will be contacted to determine the best price and delivery times.
- Final price is emailed to the department. An approved ITS Requisition Form, including the budget number, should be sent to Greg Hadzinski, ITS Daum Hall, MS8370, x87523
- If the item is a computer being added to the Resource Management Plan (RMP), two Budget Change Requests (BCR) will be needed. First is a temporary one-time BCR for the actual computer cost. Second is a permanent BCR, for $500 annually, to cover the replacement cost.
- The Requisition is approved by our technical team and budget manager.
- Item is ordered through Purchase Order or P-Card.
- When it arrives, an Incident will be created and the department will be contacted to arrange a time for installation/delivery.
Items ITS Purchasing Always Buys
- Computers including Netbooks
- iPads and Tablets
- Docking Stations and Monitors
- Graphics Cards
- Additional RAM
- Scanners and replacement parts (except Toner)
- All-In-One Devices (If there is a Print or Scan function)
Departments May Purchase
- Adapter Cables, Mice, Keyboards
- External Hard Drives
- Laptop Batteries (if users are comfortable choosing and installing the battery themselves)
- Fax Machines or Fax/Copy
- Cisco Phone Headsets
- Apple USB Super Drive
Lower prices might be available with ITS vendors for some of these items. If delivery time is a consideration however, fewer steps are involved with a department purchase.
Departments Should Purchase
- Flash Drives, Speakers
- Printer Toner Cartridges
- Digital Cameras
Loyola Marymount University
Information Technology Services
If software is needed in a lab or classroom, please allow at least two weeks to complete the process. ITS must evaluate the request for compatibility within the environment as well as verify current software licensing contracts to prevent unnecessary purchasing. If necessary, additional licenses must be purchased; license keys are then received and installed on the appropriate computers.
On-Campus Faculty & Staff Computers
All software purchases must be made through the ITS department. These purchases must have approval from a department head with budget authority and this approval must be stated in writing to start the process. Please allow at least two weeks for the purchase process to be completed. Orders must be evaluated by ITS for compatibility within the environment as well as verified with LMU’s current software licensing contracts to prevent unnecessary purchasing; specific budget information must be completed through purchasing; license keys are then received and installed on University owned computers.
Software for Personal Home Computers
The installation and use of LMU licensed software is not permitted under any circumstances on any computers not owned by the University. However, certain software titles may be available for individual purchase and home use by LMU Faculty and Staff at a substantial discount under LMU’s current agreements with various software manufacturers. These titles are subject to the following LMU End User License Agreement for Adobe and Microsoft:
By accepting this software,
- I may only install products on a computer that I own and on which I am the exclusive or primary user. I may not give, loan, rent, or sell these products or my assigned serial numbers to anyone. Home use software may not be installed on an LMU owned computer.
- I may only use this software: (a) for personal use in the pursuit of my studies and/or work at LMU and (b) while I am a faculty, staff or student at LMU. I acknowledge that upon termination of my employment or my student relationship with LMU I will uninstall this software from my computer.
- This software is licensed as an entire suite and must be installed as such. Individual products/features may not be separated or substituted on multiple computers. I may, however, omit certain features from my localized workstation installation at my discretion.
- I understand and acknowledge that once the software license has been successfully retrieved and a license serial number has been assigned to me, there will be no exchanges or returns permitted.