TV and Gaming Device Registration in Residence Halls
As of Fall 2020, you need to be on Mac OS/iOS version 10.13 or higher to connect to LMU-Wireless.
Wireless Self-Service Device Registration
If you currently live on campus, you will be able to use the self-registration portal to register any supported devices. Computers and mobile devices should be able to connect using your LMU username and password. Other devices (televisions, gaming systems) will require registration.
For devices that cannot connect to LMU Wireless, please register your device.
NOTE: You must be on campus with the device in order to use these instructions, or use LMU VPN.
Activate Ethernet Port
Before using a network switch to plug in multiple devices, contact the ITS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.338.7777.
Connect to LMU or LLS Wireless
Faculty, Staff, and Students
Please note, as of Fall 2020, you need to be on Mac OS/iOS version 10.13 or higher to connect to LMU-Wireless.
Both the Westchester campus and Loyola Law School now have the same wireless network SSID, LMU-Wireless. This means that once you have connected to the network on one campus, you will connect seamlessly to the network if you visit the other campus—perfect for faculty and staff who may have to travel between campuses to teach or attend meetings, and for students who attend classes on both campuses, or use both facilities.
Connecting to the LMU-Wireless network is quite simple. In most cases, you just need to log into the network using your LMU or LLS username and password. You may be asked to accept a security certificate as well. This is normal and expected.
If you need help connecting to a specific device, you can find step-by-step instructions on the pages linked below.
Smartphones and Tablets
- Join Network: If you are a guest on the Westchester or Loyola Law School campuses, enjoy wireless access by joining the LMU-Guest network.
- Registration Confirmation: On the receipt page, the details of your new account will be displayed and sent to the email address you supplied. You may also download or SMS your account details, by using the links at the bottom of the page.
For help with wireless connectivity or to report a wireless problem in your department/work area, contact:
The following devices may not work on LMU's wireless network:
- Apple Homepod
- Element TV brands (usually found at Target; supported over ethernet/hardwire only)
- Grace Digital Internet Radio
- Nintendo devices (USB/Ethernet can work for some devices); except for the Nintendo Switch, which can connect to wifi.
- Roku (some versions MIGHT work, please contact the Service Desk if you cannot get it to function)
- Wireless personal printers (USB cable required)
- Personal wireless access points (e.g., Apple Airport Express)
- Some models of Vizio TV
- Some Sonos speakers