This catalog provides the majority of the services and products ITS manages for departments across LMU. If you have a request for a research computing service or product that is not listed in our catalog, please contact Dave Scozzaro at David.Scozzaro@lmu.edu.
Research Computing Services includes consultations for support with planning, reviewing, and managing research projects.
- Review information security plans for research involving sensitive data
- Review data management plans
- Review other technical aspects of research projects
- Identification of unmet needs of research community
Research Computing Services can provide consultations with our Server Team to outline how research goals can be met through an offering of options such as hosting, virtual systems and servers, cloud resourcing and more.
- Host physical/virtual systems both on/off premise and in the cloud
- Assist with the setup and administration of system software and applications:
- Virtual systems
- Physical & virtual servers
- Cloud resources
- High performance computing
- High throughput computing
- Data storage & retention solutions
Research Computing Services can provide an initial consultation to best understand the software needs of the research project and follow-up with options for site licensing that may be available through ITS. Per the university's purchasing policy, all software must be purchased through ITS (regardless of budget).
- Consulting and support for post processing visualization and analysis
- Consulting and support for high performance throughput computing configuration and operation
Research Software Catalog: Site or volume licensing is available for the following software.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- LMU Build
Websites, Databases, Data Storage, Archive
Research Computing Services can provide consultation for data solutions, storage, and publishing to best serve the goals of the research project. Consulting and support for:
- Storage solutions and data access
- Access to cloud computing resources
- Research data
- Analysis of data
- Online publishing and visualization of research data
Data Management & Security
Research Computing Services includes consultation of security needs for data storage and management procedures and policies and provides the appropriate documentation required to ensure preparations, auditing, and documenting of data management and security are current and present.
- Consulting and support for cybersecurity needs of research projects
- Architect computer system administration for research projects
- Review contracts, perform security assessments
- Formal documentation of involvement with data protection, MOUs, and other compliance requirements
- Auditing System patching Account provisioning Access logs to protected data