This catalog provides the services and products ITS manages across LMU for faculty research. Research Computing Services includes consultation for support with planning, reviewing, and managing research projects for all following sections in the catalog. If you have a request for a research computing service or product that is not listed in our catalog, please contact us at email@example.com.
Software for Research
Research Computing Services can provide an initial consultation to best understand the software needs of the research project and follow-up with options for licensing that may be available through ITS. If you need to purchase software, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process. As a reminder, all software must be purchased through ITS as per the University's Purchasing Policy (regardless of cost or budget).
The University provides a variety of software through site licensing programs. Below is a catalog of research software for which LMU has a site license. Software marked with a * can either be accessed on a personal device and/or at home software is available through site licensing for both faculty and students.
- LMU Build*
Research Computing Services can provide consultations to outline how research goals can be met through an offering of options such as hosting, virtual systems and servers, cloud resourcing and more.
- Host physical/virtual systems both on/off premise and in the cloud
- Assist with the setup and administration of system software and applications:
- Virtual systems
- Physical & virtual servers
- Cloud computing resources
- High performance computing
- High throughput computing
- High performance and throughput computing configuration and operation
Data Management, Storage and Archive
Research Computing Services can provide consultation for research data including management, storage, and retention solutions to best serve the goals of the research project. Consulting and support for:
- Management of research data
- Analysis of data
- Data access
- Data storage & retention solutions
- Architect computer system administration for research projects
Research Computing Services includes consultation of security needs for data storage, management procedures, and retention solutions and policies. We provided the appropriate documentation required to ensure preparations, auditing, and documenting of data management and security are current and present.
- Consulting and support for cybersecurity needs of research projects
- Review contracts, perform security assessments
- Formal documentation of involvement with data protection, MOUs, and other compliance requirements
- Auditing System patching
- Account provisioning
- Access logs to protected data