Computer Replacement (RMP)
The University's Resource Management Plan (RMP) is the phased replacement of all University-owned computers over a four-year cycle.
The process for RMP replacements was implemented with the intention of creating a streamlined, convenient flow of information and service. Information is forwarded to RMP Coordinators, LMU faculty, and staff via email, web form, our work order system (ServiceNow), and a self-scheduling calendar.
Adding Computers to RMP Inventory
If you wish to add a new computer to your departmental inventory and would like to put it on the RMP schedule here are the basic steps:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request: MAC or PC; Standard computer or Special Configuration. The work order ticket will be forwarded for review and approval.
- Prepare 2 BCR’s (Budget Change Requests). The budget manager for your school should have this form available. If not, please contact Greg Hadzinski for a blank template.
- 1st (Temporary) BCR will be for the one-time cost of the computer.
- 2nd (Permanent) BCR will be for $500. This is an annual budget reduction that places the computer on a 4-year replacement cycle (RMP).
- The RMP account number needed for the BCR is 11-2-67650-00000-7001.
The reason section on the BCR should include the following information:
- Make/Model of Computer (e.g. Lenovo standard laptop, etc)
- The primary user of system; or alternate contact name if necessary
- The location of install, and date needed
Note: If there are any extras that you need such as printers, docking stations, external monitors etc, please note this in your initial request. Someone in our Purchasing group will contact you with any amounts due for the extras or computer.
- Send this paperwork to Greg Hadzinski in ITS Daum Hall, MS 8370
- Greg will create a work order for installation if we have the model in stock. If it is a special request, the order will be placed. Installation will be scheduled when the computer is received.
NOTE: BCR’s are only needed for initially adding a computer to inventory and RMP. If you are adding upgrades to an existing RMP computer; or a special order computer is being bought from a grant (not added to inventory); a Requisition with the necessary information is all that is needed.