Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning Upgrade Complete
The upgraded started at 7 am on July 16 and was completed by the end of the day. Over 4,000 accounts were migrated from lynda.com to the LinkedIn Learning platform.
IMPORTANT: LinkedIn Learning is a separate service from LinkedIn. You are not required to create a LinkedIn account or link your LinkedIn account to activate your LMU LinkedIn Learning account.
Access to LinkedIn Learning
How to access LinkedIn Learning tutorials, it's totally up to you. MyLMU and LinkedIn Learning Portal are best suited for a desktop or a laptop. With LinkedIn Learning mobile access, you can watch video tutorials on your Apple or Android device.
MyLMU Access (for LMU students, faculty, staff, and anyone who has access to MyLMU)
Log into MYLMU > Accounts & Tech > Software & Tools > LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning Portal
- Go to LinkedIn Learning portal.
- Enter your LMU/LLS email address.
- You will be prompted to enter your LMU username and password on LMU Authentication page.
- Download the app for your mobile device.
- Select "Sign in with your organization portal".
- Enter lmu.edu or lls.edu and click "Sign in with your organization portal" link again.
- On the LMU Authentication page, enter your MYLMU/LLS username and password and click "Login".
NOTE: For first-time users, you will be asked to enter your job title and select the skills you are interested in, you can skip these steps.
What Is LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning is an online learning platform that enables individuals and organizations to achieve their objectives and aspirations. It has all the same great content as Lynda.com, but with special insights and social engagement only LinkedIn can offer. The goal is to help people discover and develop the skills they need through a personalized, data-driven learning experience.
With LinkedIn Learning, you can:
- Access 13,000+ expert-led courses
- Earn a certificate when you complete a course
- Receive course recommendations tailored to you
- Use project files and quizzes to practice while you learn
- View courses anytime on your computer or phone
Learn More about LinkedIn Learning
Introducing LinkedIn Learning
Exploring LinkedIn Learning
About the 7.16.19 Upgrade
LMU has partnered with Lynda.com since 2010 to provide free online training for students, faculty, and staff. In 2015, Lynda.com was acquired by LinkedIn and, in 2016, moved to the new LinkedIn Learning platform. LinkedIn Learning offers a new interface and a range of new features while still providing the same Lynda.com content.
Before Tuesday, July 16: Announcements on the upgrade appears in LMU This Week emails. Email will be sent active Lynda.com active users about the activation instructions.
On Tuesday, July 16: All Lynda.com accounts associated with an active faculty, students, or staff will be moved to LinkedIn Learning. Your Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning account will be temporarily unavailable.
After Tuesday, July 16: Once the upgrade is complete, active Lynda.com users will receive an email from LinkedIn with an activation link.
updated on 8.27.2019