Feb. 12, 2019 Edition
Meet the New ITS Managers
Manager of Research Services & Educational Applications
Dave has been with ITS for over 11 years, starting as an Instructional Technologist and moving to the Instructional Technology Manager in 2011. As Instructional Technology Manager, Dave oversaw growth, both in quantity and quality, of instructional technology usage on campus, the creation of the Creative Services team and Instructional Design services, and led the campus through the LMS switch from Blackboard to Brightspace.
The goal of the Research Services & Educational Applications team is to put a priority on research and to streamline many of the educational technology team’s processes. This team will start by working on:
- creating processes and protocols for faculty research, and working closely with faculty to address a variety of research needs
- looking at how we can better leverage our educational applications, and managing them better.
- beginning to explore where learning analytics will best fit
Dave is thrilled for this new venture, as it aligns with broader university efforts to better support faculty and student research initiatives across campus. Dave holds a B.S. in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences from James Madison University, an M.Ed. in Education: Learning Technologies from William Paterson University and is a proud alumnus of LMU's Ed.D. in Educational Leadership for Social Justice program.
To learn more about ITS Research Computing, visit this site.
Manager of Instructional Technology
Jeff has been with ITS for 4 years as an Instructional Technologist in CBA. Jeff has been exemplary in working with the College of Business Administration (CBA) faculty and moving a variety of campus projects forward. This promotion allows for great continuity among the teams and allows for new leadership in both areas. We are very excited about these changes and look forward to a great year ahead.
The goals for the Instructional Technology team are to:
- support faculty in finding meaningful ways to integrate technology into teaching and learning
- partner with colleges and programs to find appropriate tools and resources for online/hybrid course development
- implement strategies to support emerging technologies and innovative classroom instruction
Jeff is excited to continue working with faculty to find innovative and engaging ways to support curriculum and instruction across campus. Jeff holds a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and an M. Ed in Instructional Systems and Learning Technologies from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
To learn more about ITS Instructional Technology and Brightspace, visit this site.