When Windows 7 reaches end of support, your computer will still function but Microsoft will no longer provide updates, such as, security updates or fixes. While you could continue to use your PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware.
Going forward, the best way for you to stay secure is on Windows 10. ITS has been upgrading LMU-issued and classroom computers when Windows 10 was tested successfully in our environment.
How do I get Windows 10?
- All LMU-issued Windows computers due for replacement in FY 2020 will come with Windows 10 installed.
- If your LMU-issued Windows computer is not due for replacement within FY 2020, you will be contacted to schedule the upgrade.
What does Windows 10 look like?
If you purchased your home computers in the past two years, the computer is likely pre-installed with Windows 10 Home version. Windows 10 version installed on LMU-issued computer has a simplified look and feel that is not very different from what you are used to in Windows 7. Some of the customizations include:
- Change Your Windows Background
- Change What Colors Windows Uses and Where
- Change Your Lock Screen
- Use a Theme to Change Multiple Personalization Settings at Once
- Change Your Font Options
- Change Your Start Menu Options
- Change Your Taskbar Options
How do I learn more about Windows 10?
Check out these resources.