Creative Services is dedicated to the creation of multimedia-based resources to improve student learning and faculty outreach. We offer filming, editing, podcasting, web, and innovative pedagogical consultation services to LMU faculty and staff. Take a look at our portfolio below to see what we've been working on lately. If you'd like us to help you with a project, please submit a Service Request to use our services.
What We Do
Creative Services provides full-service media production resources for LMU faculty and staff for teaching, learning and research purposes. At this time, our services are free of charge.
- Classroom Capture: Many classrooms are equipped with a classroom capture system (Echo 360) which records the computer desktop, video, and audio of your in-class activities. More info.
- Studio Recording: Your video can be recorded in a lit and controlled high-definition studio environment. Green screen and other backdrops are available.
- Field Recording: We provide single or multi-camera field production including wireless microphones and mobile lighting.
- Video Editing: Already shot your video? We can edit your footage, color correct, add titles and effects, and create DVD or web versions of your finished projects. Or we can teach you the basics!
- Podcasting: Record your podcast in our studio using high quality microphones or provide us with material you have already recorded. We will clean up the sound, edit the file, and prepare your podcast for distribution on the web.
- Web Conferencing/Online Collaboration Tools: ITS provides access to a robust web, audio, and video conferencing platform called WebEX. WebEX allows users to conduct meetings & classes, collaborate on projects, or host webinars which can be attended via computer, phone, or supported mobile device. To access WebEX click here or log into my.lmu.edu and choose Web Conferencing (WebEX) from the Systems Login menu.
- Video Hosting: Video hosting is now available directly in MYLMU Connect courses and organizations. To add a video to your course or organization, navigate to the Content area and choose “Kaltura Media” from the “Build Content” or “Tools” drop down menus. If you have additional needs for video hosting outside of MYLMU Connect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio/Visual Integration Consultation: Academic Creative Services can provide tips and advice on any A/V improvements to your spaces. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Creative Consultation: Have an idea for a multimedia project? Need advice? Want to highlight your work? We work with the Instructional Technologists to help you design media for your classes—both online and traditional. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.