Active Learning encompasses a wide range of classroom practices aimed at promoting learning engagement. While discussion activities, group break-outs, quick-writes, and jigsaw activities may note require the use of technology, creative use of classroom furniture and hardware can leverage these activities. Furthermore, polling tools like Poll Everywhere, Kahoot!, and Echo360 Active Learning platform provides students with opportunities for active learning from their phones or laptops.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk or reach out to your Instructional Technologist to discuss how you might implement active learning tools and strategies in your courses. To learn more or share your ideas about our active learning classrooms and the hardware, furniture, and spaces that support active learning at LMU, please contact Matt Frank, Associate Director of Classroom and Creative Services, at Matt.Frank@lmu.edu.
Your Instructional Technologists
- Manager of Instructional Technology - Jeffrey Schwartz (310-338-2376) UHall 3139
- Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts (BCLA) - Jeff Henline (310-338-6061) UHall 3416
- College of Business Administration (CBA) - Debi Aggers (310-338-3953) Hilton 256C
- College of Communication & Fine Arts (CFA) and School of Film and Television (SFTV) - Nick Somsavanh (310-338-2772)
- Frank R. Seaver College of Science and Engineering (SCSE) - Andrew Baik (310-338-6541) Foley Annex 141
- School of Education (SOE) - Elaine Coates (310-338-7494) UHall 2429