LMU ITS in a Nutshell
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides management and services in support of the University's information technology resources. These resources include:
- Network and telecommunications systems
- Computer labs
- Learning spaces
- Administrative information systems
- Web and instructional technology services
ITS provides these services in an effort to enhance the intellectual life and experience of students and the University community and to provide for efficient technology operations.
Information Technology Services will be an engaged leader and collaborative partner in the success of LMU.
ITS enables technologically-rich learning environments, provides effective teaching and scholarship resources and maintains reliable, accessible, and integrated information systems.
Information Technology Services’ Core Values are the five key standards that support our vision, and shape the culture of ITS.
- Service: High quality service requires empathy and an obsessive desire to understand the articulated and unspoken needs and hopes of an individual or collection of individuals. Service, therefore, is predicated on humility, an appreciation for diverse ways of doing things, and superior patience.
- Innovation: One of ITS’ more important benefits to LMU comes in the form of Innovation. Innovation is about proposing changes to existing practices by introducing new methods, ideas, or products. In order to be partners in innovation at LMU, we expect continuous improvement to be embraced at an individual level, within teams, and at the broader departmental level.
- Integrity: To provide integrity in all we do, transparency is imperative in the way that we work with members of the LMU community, whether they are within or outside of ITS. We always hold ourselves to a high standard of customer-focused services and strive to constantly improve.
- Communication: In order to provide the best Service with Innovation and Integrity, communication should be responsive, respectful, honest, and proactive. We acknowledge and embrace the diverse pathways to healthy conversations and discourse.
- Teamwork: As a department where the whole exceeds the sum of its parts, we value employees who appreciate their roles within teams, whether they are within or outside of ITS. Team-oriented ITS employees volunteer to help co-workers, readily share credit, complete tasks on time with high quality, and most importantly, understand interdependency within a team.