Creative Services is dedicated to the creation of multimedia-based resources to improve student learning and faculty outreach. We offer filming, editing, podcasting, web, and innovative pedagogical consultation services to LMU faculty and staff.
Creative Services provides full-service media production resources for LMU faculty and staff for teaching, learning and research purposes. At this time, our services are free of charge. We also administer classroom capture (Echo), web conferencing (Zoom), and ITS digital signage.
Creative Services exists to serve the LMU community for academic purposes. We are happy to assist faculty in their teaching. Before making a request, please consider whether your request is academic in nature. If it isn't, we may not have the resources to take it on.
- Classroom Capture: Many classrooms are equipped with a classroom capture system (Echo 360) which records the computer desktop, video, and audio of your in-class activities.
- Studio Recording: Your video can be recorded in a lit and controlled high-definition studio environment. Green screen and other backdrops are available.
- Field Recording: We provide single or multi-camera field production including wireless microphones and mobile lighting.
- Video Editing: Already shot your video? We can edit your footage, color correct, add titles and effects, and create DVD or web versions of your finished projects. Or we can teach you the basics!
- Web Conferencing/Online Collaboration Tools: ITS provides access to a robust web, audio, and video conferencing platform called Zoom. To create an account, login to MyLMU > Systems Login > Zoom. Your account will be automatically created.
- Video Hosting: Video hosting is now available directly in MYLMU Connect courses and organizations. To add a video to your course or organization, navigate to the Content area and choose "Kaltura Media" from the "Build Content" or "Tools" drop down menus. If you have additional needs for video hosting outside of MYLMU Connect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio/Visual Integration Consultation: Academic Creative Services can provide tips and advice on any A/V improvements to your spaces. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Creative Consultation: Have an idea for a multimedia project? Need advice? Want to highlight your work? We work with the Instructional Technologists to help you design media for your classes—both online and traditional. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.