Duo multi-factor authentication is required for all LMU and LLS accounts, including students, faculty, and staff. All new accounts will be automatically enrolled, and will receive a registration email from Duo with sign-up instructions. The implementation of Duo has greatly reduced the number of compromised LMU and LLS accounts.
Duo for Students
In an effort to enhance security on sensitive systems and to help keep students' accounts and data protected, ITS implement Duo Mobile for students. Duo Mobile will help keep your LMU/LLS email account secure and prevent unauthorized access to your sensitive data contained in systems such as MyLMU, PROWL, Degree Works, Box, and many others.
- Emails from Duo Security (example on the right) are legitimate. They are not phishing. You will continue to receive these Duo emails until you complete the enrollment.
- Duo enrollment emails are from Duo Security [firstname.lastname@example.org] with a subject line of “Welcome to LMU Duo Mobile Security. Enroll Today!”
- The unique link on the email is for your use only AND should not be shared or forwarded to others.
- Click the unique link from a computer. Have your mobile device ready.
- If you run into any issues with self-enrollment, please contact the ITS Service Desk.
What Is Duo
Duo multi-factor authentication provides additional security for LMU systems by requiring something you know (your username and password) and something you have (such as a smartphone, a tablet, a phone, etc.) when you access any Duo-protected services. Duo-supported devices include iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, tablet. Other methods, such as text message, landline, phone call, or a hardware token (upon request), are available as well.
Duo Tutorials, Videos, and FAQs
The LMU ITS Knowledge Base contains all the information you'll need to know about signing up for and using Duo. See a full list below to get started.
- add or remove devices
- manage how you receive notifications
If you have not enrolled in Duo, from a computer, login to MyLMU, click the HR Self-Service link, and follow the onscreen instructions. Click here for an enrollment video. Basic cell phones, tablets, smartphones, or landlines are acceptable devices. For more supported devices, click here.
If you have already enrolled in Duo, you will be prompted to send a Push (recommended) to your registered device. From your registered device, tap the Accept button.
Access to the following systems will require Duo authentication.
- MyLMU, off-campus
- Workday, on-campus or off-campus
- Degree Works
- ARMS for Athletics and Public Safety
- Outlook Online via mail.lmu.edu, off-campus
- Box Online, via box.lmu.edu or MyLMU, off-campus
- Virtual Private Network (VPN). Visit Duo and VPN for more information.
Check out the resources below on how to enroll, what devices can be used for enrollment, and frequently asked questions.