This is not to be confused with the "Practice Exam", which enables you to familiarize yourself with the SofTest exam environment. You may use the Practice Exam as many times as you wish.
Distribution Lists at Loyola Law School
ITS provides two types of distribution lists: 1) internal, which allow for @lls.edu or @lmu.edu addresses only; and 2) external, which allows for any email address to subscribe. Maintenance and configuration of mailing lists can be performed through a web browser. Subscription and unsubscribe requests can be performed via email. Some lists may not be unsubscribed from as they serve as official notice channels.
Internal Lists (Outlook 365)
To request the creation of a new internal distribution list, first ensure that all recipients will have @lls.edu or @lmu.edu email addresses. Once this is confirmed, please send the following information to the ITS Helpdesk:
- List email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- List display name (e.g. LLS Research Group) All LLS-related lists must have “LLS” at the beginning.
- Name of list administrators (must be users who have @lls.edu or @lmu.edu email addresses). Please submit at least two users to be administrators on the list.
External Lists (Lyris)
If you need a list that has external (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) email addresses, you will be using a list management system called Lyris. Please note that all Lyris list email addresses end in @lists.lls.edu.
Once you have confirmed that you have external email addresses, please contact Corinne St. Claire at email@example.com to start the request and setup process.
Examplify is the Law School's Official Examination Software. The former examination software, SofTest, was retired as of August 31, 2017. Students should not attempt to use SofTest, but instead, they should use the new testing application software 'Examplify,' which is now the Law School's official examination software. Examplify will offer students the same offline, locked-down platform that the former examination software had employed. Because Examplify will have a different look and feel, students are strongly encouraged to download, register and thoroughly test Examplify as soon as it is available, but at least 2 - 3 weeks before your first exam. This will give students ample time resolve any issues that may arise with running Examplify on your computer.
- Examplify Instructions for In-Class Examinations
- Examplify Instructions Take for Home Exams
- ExamSoft Account Login Page
- Log into the ExamSoft Portal
- Log into your account using the credentials at the bottom of the account activation email that was sent to you.
- Check to confirm that your computer meets the Minimum System Requirements.
- Click "Download"
- Read the Acknowledgement of Loyola Law School Examination Rules and Procedures (user's agreement to adhere to the rules and procedures of the law school) and click "I Accept" to continue to download Examplify to your computer.
- Select "Run" when prompted to "Run or Save" the file. If your browser does not prompt you to "Run or Save" the file, select "Save" and run the file from that location.
View the instructional video. The video has a run time of approximately 10 - 13 minutes. Please be advised iPads are not allowed for taking examinations at the LMU Law School.
- Helpful Tips for Before Your Exam
- Register and Install your Copy of Examplify
- Download an Exam Answer File
- Manually Upload Exam Answer File
- ExamSoft Support or Self-Service Troubleshooting Examplify and Frequently Asked Questions.
If you experience technical difficulty with software, call ExamSoft Support at 866-429-8889 (option #3), Monday - Friday, from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (EST). You should have your computer with you as well as an active internet connection before calling Examplify as their customer support technician may need to connect to your machine to diagnose and resolve your problem.
LMU students have access to many software and applications that can be download on their personal devices for academic work.
Click here for a complete list and download instructions.
Microsoft Office 365
Download Office applications for use wherever you are. Create, edit and share from your Mac or PC, iOS, Android, or Windows device.
EndNote is a database program for Windows and Mac for managing bibliographic citations, with home use licenses available for LMU faculty, staff, and students.
- Search bibliographic databases on the internet
- Organize references, images, PDFs, and other files in a library
- Create instant bibliographies in MS Word
- Unlimited record capacity
Windows users: after downloading the .zip file, right-click and select Extract all before running the installer
Important Note for macOS Catalina and EndNote:
As you may be aware, Apple will be releasing macOS Catalina this fall. Apple has made the decision to drop all 32-bit application support with this release, which will impact EndNote.
You can read more at Apple’s knowledge base article here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436
EndNote X9 for macOS Customers
EndNote X9 for macOS has been updated for compatibility with Catalina. If you already have EndNote X9, please install all updates as they become available to avoid interruption in your workflow.
EndNote X8 and earlier for macOS Users
Since Apple has made the decision to drop all 32-bit application support, we expect that macOS 10.15 Catalina will not run EndNote X8 and earlier. However, we want to continue to support you. We recommend one of two options:
- We are offering to all EndNote X8 and earlier users on macOS a 50% discount off of our standard upgrade price to EndNote X9, which has been updated for Catalina compatibility. In addition, you’ll have access to X9’s great new features, such as read-only library sharing, newly refreshed styles, and more.
You can learn more about EndNote X9 here: https://endnote.com/product-details/
To take advantage of this discount offer, contact our EndNote team at:
Our special webstore at: https://www.cleverbridge.com/1603/purl-macupgradediscount
- If you’d prefer not to upgrade to EndNote X9, you may keep working on your current macOS. We do not recommend upgrading to Catalina with EndNote X8 and earlier as we expect major compatibility issues.
Mathematica is renowned as the world's ultimate application for computations. But it's much more—it's the only development platform fully integrating computation into complete workflows, moving you seamlessly from initial ideas all the way to deployed individual or enterprise solutions.
To request a copy, please follow the link below that applies to you:
Faculty and Staff Campus Computer: Create a Wolfram ID using your University email domain and follow the prompts to request your activation key.
Loyola Marymount University offers a campus-wide license for MATLAB, Simulink, and companion toolboxes. The license covers on-campus and home software use for all instructors, staff, researchers, and students, as well as classroom and lab installations.
Get free education access to Autodesk engineering and design software. Simply create an account here.