The Academic Technology Committee (ATC) is to provide a forum for members to provide input and make suggestions regarding their technology needs. The committee is also responsible for the determination of annual Technology grant awardees.
Meetings are held monthly throughout the academic year and are on hiatus during the summer months.
Membership consists of the Director of Academic Technology, serving as Assistant to the Chair, one faculty member from each college or school, and the Dean of the W.H. Hannon Library.
Ex-Officio and/or Permanent Members
More specifically, six full-time faculty, one from each school and college; two student representatives (one graduate and one undergraduate); one professional librarian; the VP for Information Technology Services (ex officio); the Director of Academic Technology (ex officio); and the Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence (ex officio). These members include:
- Crista Copp, Director, Educational Technology Services & Support, Information Technology Services
- Patrick Frontiera, Vice President for Information Technology Services
- Dorothea Herreiner, Director, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Shilpa Rele, William H. Hannon Library, Digital Library Program
- One Undergraduate Student
- One Graduate Student
Terms of Office
Members serve three-year terms. Any member shall be eligible for reappointment to a second term. No faculty shall be eligible to serve more than two consecutive terms without a term off before reappointment.
Members with terms that expire in 2019
- Robbie Nakatsu, Ph.D., CBA Faculty, Finance & Computer Information Systems, 2019
- Kurt Daugherty, M.F.A., SFTV Faculty, Recording Arts, 2019
Members with terms that expired in 2018
- Michael Mills, Ph.D., Committee Chair, BCLA Faculty, Psychology, 2018
- Ernesto Colín, Ph.D, SOE Faculty, Specialized Programs in Urban Education, 2018
Members with terms that expired in 2017
- Damon Rago, M.F.A, CFA Faculty, Theatre Arts and Dance, 2017
- Martina Ramirez, Ph.D., SCSE Faculty, Biology, 2017
The Provost appoints the chair from among the faculty members of the committee. The appointment is made upon recommendation of the committee.