Technology Enhanced Spaces Committee
Reporting to the University Technology Council, the Technology Enhanced Space Committee, with identified stakeholders from staff, faculty, and administration, provides oversight and management of technology-enhanced spaces on campus. The specific charges are as follows:
- Serve as a clearinghouse for requests for all learning space, conference room and event space A/V requests.
- Maintain a well-balanced portfolio of learning spaces. Using the learning space rubric approved by the Learning Space Advisory Group, TESC will address questions of prioritization for maintenance and upgrades of Learning Spaces.
- Partner with the Academic Technology Committee, the Committee for Excellence on Teaching, and other university and college-level governance structures to ensure that upgrades address the changing pedagogical and educational needs of faculty and students and support the University’s Mission and Strategic Plan.
- The committee will work with stakeholders to maintain a centralized record (25Live) of all general purpose and department-stewarded learning spaces.
- Evaluate classification of learning spaces.
- Make recommendations to the University Technology Council about A/V budget requests that have been submitted for consideration.
- Patrick Frontiera, CIO, Chair
- Crista Copp, Senior Director of Educational Technology and Support Services
- Matt Frank, Associate Director, Classroom and Creative Services
- Jennifer Silverman, Ph.D., University Registrar (or delegate)
- Dayle Smith, Dean, College of Business Administration
- Maureen Weatherall, Vice Provost for Enrollment Management
- Kat Weaver, Associate Provost for Research and Professional Development
- Thomas Herndon, Ph.D., Chair, Academic Technology Committee
- Director, Conferences and Events Services
- Director, Facilities Management