News and Updates
- Brightspace courses for Spring 2022 are now available for faculty. Please select “View All Courses” to start working on your new courses. If you need assistance, please email to your Instructional Technologist.
- Monthly Systems Updates
- Zoom - Brightspace integration is now live.
- Teams - Brightspace integration is now live.
- Brightspace Courses Merge Request - Log in to ITS Service Desk Portal, click the Service Catalog link, and select the "Brightspace Merge Request form"
- Upload to Echo360 from Brightspace: step-by-step instructions
To best prepare for upcoming courses, review these resources. For tips on preparing for Fall, please visit the Keep Teaching site. Contact your Instructional Technologist if you require further support.
If you are a student looking for Brightspace information, visit this page.
The ITS Knowledge Base contains myriad articles with step-by-step instructions on Brightspace features. Visit the ITS Service Desk Online Portal (https://its.lmu.edu/servicedesk) for a complete list of articles for Brightspace and other applications.
Brightspace Top 10
All About Grading!
Don't wait until grades are due to learn about grading in Brightspace. Use this guide throughout the semester to get a handle on the Gradebook tool and assessment best practices.
- Grades Tool for Instructors
- Assess and Grade Learners
- Entering Grades
- Create a Grade Scheme
- Grading Systems (Weighted vs. Points)
- Create Calculated Grade Items
- Associate a Quiz with a Grade Item
- Assess Students in Discussion Threads
- Grading Student Work in VoiceThread
- About Bonus Grade Items (Extra Credit)
- Download/Export Your Gradebook
- Release Final Grades
Faculty Video Tutorials
Brightspace has created a number of video and print tutorials to help you make the most of Brightspace. All LMU faculty are automatically enrolled in the Instructor Training Course in Brightspace; these tutorials are available on your dashboard as soon as you log into your Brightspace account. Each course has video and printed instructions that will help you become a Brightspace maven in no time. Contact your Instructional Technologist if you require further support.
Faculty: Releasing Final Grades to Students
Create a Discussion Forum
Create a Discussion Topic
Create an Announcement
The Announcements tool was previously called News, and may be referred to such in videos created by D2L.
The Assignments tool used to be called Dropbox, and may be referred to such in videos created by D2L.
Understanding the Grades Tool
Import, Export, and Copy Course Components