Box provides different ways to share contents with other users. Share Links are considered one-way sharing. Collaboration are for in-depth collaboration. Both options can be used for inviting external users. (non-LMU Box users).
Shared Links covers the following topics:
Generating Shared Links
- Shared Link Access
Shared Link Settings
- Custom URL
- Password Protection
- Link Expiration
- Allow Download
- Direct Links
Folder and Account Settings
- Folder Settings
- Account Settings
- What happens if I disable a shared link?
- What happens if a file is deleted while it has an active shared link, but is later restored?
- What happens if a user that shouldn't have access to a file or folder tries to use the shared link?
- "Someone" downloaded my files - What does this mean?
Collaboration Through Invites covers the following topics:
- Collaboration Invites And Account Creation
- Troubleshooting Issues With Collaborative Folders (FAQ)
- What Is The Difference Between Collaboration And Shared Links?
- Inviting Collaborators Walkthrough
- How Do I Remove Or Resend A Pending Collaboration Invitation?
- Modifying Collaborator Access Levels
- Transferring Folder Ownership
- Removing Collaborators
- Hiding Collaborators
- Collaborator Auto-Expiration